Hypertension Case Finding Service
Hypertension Case Finding Service in Birmingham
The aims and objectives of this service are to:
- identify people aged 40 years or older with high blood pressure, who have previously not had a confirmed diagnosis of hypertension, and to refer them to general practice to confirm diagnosis and for appropriate management (this can include people under 40 years, at the discretion of a pharmacist)
- undertake clinic and ambulatory blood pressure checks when necessary, at the request of a general practice.
- promote healthy behaviours to service users.
Who is eligible for this service?
- Adults who are 40 years old or over, who do not have a current diagnosis of hypertension;
- Patients, by exception, under the age of 40 who request the service because they have a recognised family history of hypertension may be provided the service at the pharmacist’s discretion;
- Patients between 35 and 39 years old who are approached about or request the service may be tested at the pharmacist’s discretion; and
- Adults specified by a general practice for the measurement of blood pressure (clinic and ambulatory blood pressure checks). This process should be agreed locally with general practices.
- people who are unable to give consent to participate;
- People under the age of 40 years old, unless at the discretion of the pharmacist or unless they have been specified by a general practice for the measurement of blood pressure; and
- People who have their blood pressure regularly monitored by a healthcare professional, unless the general practice requests the service is provided for the patient. Requests should be sent via a process which is agreed locally with general practices.
For more contact us:
238 Wheelwright Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 8EH
0121 377 8811